Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Next Step in the Healing Words Quilt

I started by going through my stash of hand-dyes plus a few commercial fat quarters I keep on hand. I tore strips and laid them down to audition colors, moved them around, and after a couples days of going away and coming back to get a fresh perspective my quilt started coming into focus for me. I'm starting to sew down some of the strips. I need to put similar colors into different areas of the quilt in order to give it some unity, since I started with various focal points, like the bird and the leaves. I'm also thinking ahead about more hand stitching to unify the quilt even more. . .

One of my new transparent collages

Summer Dance

Summer Dance
One of my collages