For this piece, I collected and dried wildflowers between the pages of a book, made a gelatin print plate, and did a reverse print for the background. The bird and the flower are pencil drawings from my sketchbook, which I copied onto printer-fabric on my home copier. The polymer clay embellishment is one I made during a session in my kitchen using a rolling pin and rubber stamps. Thanks for looking!
I'm getting closer and closer to finishing my Herstory quilt - here's a picture of some free motion stitching and an applique of a Chinese field worker on silk organza. I screen printed it on with a thermofax I had made from my art by Lyric Montgomery in NC. Next, the plan is to see what hand stitching I can strategically add, and sew on beads of different types to make the whole thing come into focus. My goal is to tell the story and to make this piece work on different levels as a piece of art for the book and the traveling show.
I worked on this little piece to be mounted on canvas for an upcoming show at the Cottonwood Arts Center in Colorado Springs. The dates aren't final yet, so check back. This will probably be early 2017. The face is a thermofax screen I had made from my edited photo, then discharged onto a hand dye.