Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Prep for Upcoming Exhibit

In June, there'll be a display of my work in the lobby of the Colorado Springs city administration building. This will be part of the Downtown Art Walk; dates to be announced soon. Here, I've dyed some background fabric with liquid Rit dyes (cheap, easy to find, great results). Then, I ironed some plain white fabric onto freezer paper to stabilize it and prevent leaks underneath. Next, I drew a tree shape with sharpies, and painted it with liquid acrylics. (Three colors). Last, you see the piece with the dyed fabric in the background and the tree along with other appliqued elements drawn on fabric - all sewn down. I'll add a couple more leaves, but you get the idea!

One of my new transparent collages

Summer Dance

Summer Dance
One of my collages