Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pillow Project

I was asked by the Jude Kellor, the healing arts director for Centura hospitals in the Denver area, to speak to a cancer survivors group at Porter Hospital in Littleton. I was honored to be asked, along with three other artists who were also juried into the Creation fiber art exhibit at Parker Centura. I decided not only to speak to the group about the healing power of art, but to do a workshop with them along with fellow artist Christi Beckmann. Some of the ideas we're throwing around are: fabric journals and pillows with healing imagery and words. As I create some pillows to bring, the ideas are coming in droves!! Here's the first pillow - I need to add a healing quote of some kind before I put the stuffing in and finish it.

One of my new transparent collages

Summer Dance

Summer Dance
One of my collages