Pages

Friday, July 22, 2016

Clay Embellishments for Fabric Art

I used Fimo for these, not having my own kiln. The leaf pendant is a stamped, baked, and painted end result. The next photo of the square shape is the actual color of the Fimo. I rolled it out with a wine bottle, and pressed it with rubber stamps. I then used a small cookie cutter-type shapes to cut them out and with a bbq skewer, poked holes in the corners so I can easily sew down or string the embellishments later. After that, I took small sponge and dipped it in acrylic craft paint. (I had a small paper plate palette with four assorted soft colors.) I started with a mid tone - aqua - and with a sponge squeezed out to the point of being quite dry, I swished it gently on the raised textures. I repeated this step with soft ocher, then gold, then white. The end result is subtle shapes useful for jewelry or adding to art compositions.

One of my new transparent collages

Summer Dance

Summer Dance
One of my collages