Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year, New Designs

I had saved and dried leaves from last September (it doesn't seem that long ago, does it)? Everything went wrong with my gelatin plate printing - it froze in the fridge, it cracked, it was watery when it thawed. I attempted to use the dried leaves and they stuck to the cracked mess, etc. I was pretty frustrated, but this apparently is a process when even your worst day has some nice results. I took this swatch and printed over it with found objects (in this case I used an old greeting card with die cuts). Using complementary colors is a can't miss, no fail way to pump it up. . . more later on the progress of my gelatin prints as I continue to salvage them.

One of my new transparent collages

Summer Dance

Summer Dance
One of my collages